Can you hear creepy noises coming from your loft?
Tails or tales?
It could be rats! As the temperature drops, they seek food and shelter indoors, primarily in your loft !
Development work nearby disturbs existing nests causing the rats to spread out to find new homes.
They get in through the cavities in your walls, floors, or cracked sewer pipes underground, in fact any crack, crevice or hole small enough that they can squeeze their bodies through !
Is poison the answer?
Do not use rat poison from DIY shops. It’s never strong enough to exterminate them and just makes them drowsy. It also makes situation worse as rats do not then eat industrial strength poison that can only be provided by licensed pest controllers, guaranteed to kill them.
If you do use poison, remember that any unused will need replacing after 10 to 12 months as its potency reduces over time. So you’d need to keep replacing it in a timely manner and that can get expensive.
A cheaper way…
Save yourself the hassle and put the £££ savings on DIY rat poison towards the cost of buying-in licensed services.
Getting the professionals in will save you money in the long run too. This is because the sooner you tackle this problem the less the likelihood of rats chewing through wiring in your loft causing you £’000’s damage.
This truly is a case of a stitch in time saves nine!