Here are a few tips to help keep your home safe & sound if you are going away this summer … and save you ££’s along the way.
- Give the neighbour a spare key to collect any mail if visible from street or use Royal Mail’s keep safe service
- Turn everything off at the socket (except the fridge / freezer)
- Turn off any automatic timers for warmth & hot water
- Is the oven switched off ? (avoids spending the whole holiday thinking about whether you have or not!)
- Get timing switches for lights to create the impression you are still at home
- Ask a neighbour to park any additional cars on your drive
… and finally – don’t advertise on social media you are away from home; those posts can always wait until you return!